- Mayor of Huntington, 2012- present.
- City Councilman for the Huntington Common Council – 2nd District (2006 – 2011) and served as President Pro Tempore of the Council in 2008.
- Assistant City Engineer of Huntington, Indiana 1978 – 1981, worked in the City Engineer’s office for the Wallace Smith and Maurice Robbins mayoral administrations.
- Served as a Funeral Director and General Manager for Myers Funeral Homes, Huntington and Markle, Indiana from 1998 to 2011.
- United Brethren Pastor, serving two local churches in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area from 1987 – 1997. Also served on various denominational and regional administrative boards and as Conference Superintendent.
- 1977 Graduate of Huntington North High School
- 1981 Graduate of Huntington University with a Bachelors Degree in Business Adminstration (focus areas of Administration, Economics and History)
- 1982 Graduate of Mid-America College of Mortuary Science with a Diploma in Funeral Service and Mortuary Science.
- 1987 Graduate of Huntington University Graduate School of Christian Ministries with a Masters in Christian Ministry (focus areas of Pastoral Leadership and Parish Administration)
- Additional studies: Northwestern University, Purdue University, IPFW, and Concordia Theological Seminary
- Huntington Rotary Club – Past member of the Board of Directors (2000 – 2006) and Past President (2005 – 2006).
- United Way of Huntington County – Campaign Volunteer since 1998; Past member of the Board of Directors (2000 – 2007); Past President of the Board – 2007; Campaign Chairperson – 2008.
- Huntington University Foundation – 2001 to present; served as president 2009-2011.
- Huntington County United Economic Development – serve on the HCUED board of directors (2009 – present).
- Pathfinder Services, Inc., — serve on the board of directors (2010 – present).
- McKenzie’s Hope Child Advocacy Center – served on the board of directors (2006 – 2010).
- Cosmopolitan Club of Huntington – 2000 to present, served as Club President in 2006.
Hobbies, Interests and Personal Information:
Brooks leads an active lifestyle:
- Home restoration projects
- Fund-raising for various community agencies
- Restoration of Ford Mustangs and vintage bicycles
- Avid bicyclist riding 1500-2000 miles annually
- Speaking and writing on grief and loss recovery topics
Date of Birth – July 13, 1959
Married to Barbara A. (Deemer) Fetters – December 20, 1980. Barb is a 1981 graduate of Huntington University and a 1990 graduate of IPFW. She works as a registered nurse for Ophthalmology Consultants in Fort Wayne.
Brooks and Barb are the proud parents of three daughters:
- Mrs. Lauren (Colin) Davis of Brownsburg, a 2002 graduate of Huntington North High School and a 2006 graduate of Huntington University. She has served as an elementary school teacher in Brownsburg, and is now a stay-at-home mom.
- Mrs. Melissa (Trent) Wolfe of Huntington, a 2004 graduate of Huntington North High School and a 2008 graduate of Huntington University. She is an English teacher at Southwood Junior/Senior High School in Wabash.
- Miss Jillian Fetters, a 2011 graduate of Huntington North High School, and now a senior at Huntington University.